1. Job dissatisfaction and antagonistic relationships with coworkers predict a variety of behaviors organizations find undesirable, including unionization attempts, substance abuse, undue socializing, and tardiness. These behaviors are indicators of a broader syndrome called
- Positivity offset.
- Employee withdrawal.
- Cognitive dissonance.
- Rotten apple syndrome.
To download the complete Questions and Answers click LDR 531 Final Exam
2. Organizational momentum ________________.
- is not promoted by stability within the organization
- can benefit or inhibit an organization
- is always an advantage in seeking organizational change
- increases with the implementation of new programs
3. Some studies indicate the best approach for transformational change may have the chief executive officer create an atmosphere for change
- And establish a reward system.
- But carefully set limits for the program.
- But let others decide how to initiate change.
- And begin establishing a vision.
Click here to download LDR 531 Entire Course
4. Which of the following actions best represents Kelly’s high job involvement?
- Kelly wants to continue working for the organization because many of her college friends are working there.
- Kelly actively takes part in team activities and proactively takes up additional job responsibilities.
- Kelly always complains about her work to her colleagues.
- Kelly shares the organization’s vision of supporting renewable energy.
5. The concept that some leadership attributes will work in some situations but not in others can be described by the
- Contingency theory.
- Tactical theory.
- Leadership effectiveness theory.
- Behavioral theory.
6. You manage a department of four employees. You have identified that Joe has a high need for achievement. Mary has a high need for power, and Tim has a high need for affiliation. Sarah scored high on the need for power and low on the need for affiliation.
Which of these four employees is most suitable for handling your responsibilities when you are on vacation?
Want to check out the complete paper..?? Visit LDR 531 Complete Course
7. In order to make their firm a learning organization, managers should
- Increase the degree of departmentalization.
- Reinforce interdependence and reduce boundaries.
- Avoid the use of cross-functional teams.
- Penalize mistakes.
8. Which of the following statements is true with regard to the effectiveness of tactics?
- Individuals from collectivist cultures are typically more likely to use soft tactics that reflect personal power.
- The combination of a soft tactic with reasonable persuasion is more effective than a combination of two hard tactics.
- All tactics are equally effective with regard to upward influence. The combination of a soft tactic with reasonable persuasion is more effective than a combination of two hard tactics.
- Soft tactics are less effective than hard tactics when used individually.
Want to check out the Final Exam Answers..?? Visit LDR 531 Final Exam
9. Central to managing a successful organizational strategy implementation are/is
- Tracking progress.
- Formal models of implementation.
- Coalition management.
- Competitive teams.
10. Which of the following is the first step in the negotiation process?
- Preparation and planning
- Bargaining and problem solving
- Definition of ground rules
- Clarification and justification
Click here to download LDR 531 Week 5 Complete
11. ________ occurs when people within organizations use whatever influence they can to taint the facts to support their goals and interests.
- Illegitimate political behavior
- Legitimate political behavior
12. The ultimate source of an organization’s culture is
- Its top management.
- Its environment.
- The country in which the organization operates.
- Its founders.
13. Which of the following statements is most likely to be true about differences between men and women in relation to emotional reactions?
- Women express anger more frequently than men.
- Men experience emotions more intensely than women.
- Women tend to hold onto emotions longer than men.
- Men display positive emotions more frequently than women.
14. Which of the following is a desirable strategy for managers aiming to reduce the negative consequences of rumors?
- Refusing to comment on issues that appear to be controversial and unfair
- Encouraging employees to communicate their concerns and suggestions
- Creating a more informal communication environment at the workplace
- Initiating disciplinary action against the employee who started the rumor
15. Adoration of a charismatic leader by followers can lead to
- Limiting suggestions of fixes and improvements.
- A competitive work environment.
- Difficulty in developing a successor.
- Greater understanding of the company mission.
Want to see the Final Exam Questions..?? Click LDR 531 Final Exam Questions
16. A leadership theory that describes leadership functions applicable to some situations but not others is called
17. Dortix is a manufacturing company. At the end of every quarter, the total production of each department is calculated, compared with the predetermined targets, and the rewards for each set of divisional employees is determined this way. Dortix uses a ________ plan to incentivize its employees.
18. The degree to which a turbulent environment impacts operations within an organization is known as
19. Determining if a strategy will be effective within its respective business environment and still be competitive could be determined by completing a(n) ________ test.
To download the complete Questions and Answers click LDR 531 Final Exam Questions Answers
20. According to the job characteristics model, autonomy is defined as the degree to which
- A job requires completion of a whole and identifiable piece of work.
- A job has an impact on the lives or work of other people.
- A job provides the worker freedom, independence, and discretion.
- A job generates direct and clear information about performance.
21. Which of the following represents the acceptable standards of behavior within a group that are shared by the group’s members?
22. During an annual review, Michel Godfrey made the following assertion: “When I look at myself and my performance, I see that what I have achieved is outstanding and something no one in the organization has the capacity to undertake. Surprisingly, it has not won me the admiration of my colleagues like it should have. I also believe that I do not just deserve a raise, but need one, since without me, let’s face it, the place would simply fall apart.” Which of the following personality traits best describes Michel’s personality?
Click here to download LDR 531 Week 6 Quiz
23. Which of the following dimensions of the Big Five Model indicates a person’s ability to withstand stress?
- Emotional stability
- Openness to experience
24. The best leadership theories to describe and explain effective leadership in teams with interactive members are
- Group theories.
- Dyadic theories.
- Multi-level theories.
- Integrated theories.
25. Which of the following is true of the baby boomer generation?
- They are more questioning and entrepreneurial than the other generations.
- They lead lives shaped mainly by globalization.
- They give high importance to achievement and material success.
- They give the highest importance to flexibility and life options.
Want to download the Questions..?? Click LDR 531 Final Exam Guide
26. Low-context cultures primarily rely on ________ in communicating with others.
- formal titles
- status differences
- spoken and written words
- situational cues
27. Pragmatic leaders
- Appeal to emotions.
- Articulate a vision of confidence.
- Have expertise and commitment.
- Appeal to shared values.
28. ________ refers to an individual’s belief that he or she is capable of performing a task.
- Emotional contagion
- Affect intensity
Click here to download LDR 531 Complete Assignments
29. Which of the following statements is true regarding a matrix structure?
- It avoids duplication of activities.
- It reduces ambiguity about who reports to whom.
- It cannot achieve economies of scale.
- It breaks the unity-of-command concept.
30. Which of the following steps can be taken by a manager to minimize groupthink?
- Asking the group members to first focus on the positives of an alternative rather than the negatives
- Preventing all team members from engaging in a critical evaluation of ideas at the beginning
- Seeking input from employees before the group leader presents his opinions
- Encouraging group leaders to develop a stronger sense of group identityking input from employees before the group leader presents his opinions
This article covers the topic for the University Of Phoenix LDR 531 Final Exam. The author is working in the field of education from last 5 years. This article covers the basic of LDR 531 Final Exam Assignment from UOP. Other topics in the class are as follows:
For further information on the above topics you can always visit the website www.UopStudents.com